Sunday, August 11, 2013

Art Therapy

Collage is another way I sort my emotions into a manageable form. Using magazine clippings to illustrate lessons was a popular activity during my home school years (I remember there was always a huge pile of magazines in our activity closet when I was growing up, gleaned from the library's free table - most were cut up beyond recognition).

I've carried this into my adult life as an inexpensive and flexible art form. Sometimes I use text, other times only images. Some of my collages are prescriptive (a visual to-do list, or reminder of goals), others descriptive (trying to capture how I feel in the moment).

I highly recommend that you find an unwanted magazine, a pair of scissors and a glue stick. Go wild.
 
Mom and Memory 1/18/2012

Storm-chaser 7/24/2010

Identity 7/24/2010

New Years' Resolution 2013

Happiness is... 6/30/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment