Thursday, June 20, 2013

Manifesto

I turned 32 on Sunday. I've been thinking about what I want as the distinguishing features of my life this year.

So many people I know are experiencing various kinds of pain: cancer, depression, Alzheimer's, loss of a loved one; the list goes on. These are reminders to me to learn from every experience. To be content. To live every day with exuberance. To express love to the people in my life.

These words have been ringing in my ears this week and last night I put them on paper:


Thank you for reading my blog. I appreciate you. Wherever you find yourself on life's spectrum (from the ridiculous to the sublime), my wish for you is a strong sense of peace and deep significance. You are loved. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ems! 32 is another chapter in a lifetime of chapters ahead of you. Keep writing and we'll keep reading! Love from Seattle. N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the best year yet! Thanks so much for all of your touching and inspiring posts. Write on!

    ReplyDelete