Friday, March 30, 2012

Nerds of Northwest Washington: Unite!

This weekend is Emerald City Comicon. I wrote about attending last year here (and described my anxiety beforehand here). Re-reading those posts makes me even more excited.


From the website's programming page, here are actual workshops (I swear I am not making this up):

Star Wars Craft Time
Chewbacca Sock Puppets. Wampa Washcloth Dolls. AT-AT Herb Gardens. Join author Bonnie Burton as she shows off some of her favorite crafts from her book The Star Wars Craft Book and demonstrates how to do them. Bonnie will show you how to bring the best of the galaxy far, far away right into your own homes.

I'm So Much Cooler Online: Maintaining Your Digital Profile
Maintaining your digital profile. What should you post? What should you NOT post? How do you become a broadcasted brand, and use that to promote and to get work? Join the writer/artist of Love and Capes, Thomas Zahler as he guides you through the perilous world of the internet.

Star Trek: State of the Franchise
How much longer will movie rumor, anniversary nostalgia and product news pass for an active Trek fandom? Is "Star Trek 2013" enough? Join author/historian/producer Larry Nemecek and a panel of experts for an eyes-wide look at the long-range scan.

I'll leave you with this helpful guide:

Do's and Don'ts

No comments:

Post a Comment