Thursday, December 22, 2011

A first

On December 10th, I ran my very first 5k! Our local Jingle Bell Run was a great experience.

I'm somewhere in the blurry part of the crowd. (Blurry because of my speed, of course.)

Source
Here's what I wore:



Here's what I plan to wear next year:


This lovely outfit comes from the ever popular Mom vs Marathon (photo used with permission). The subtitle of her blog is "How to run a marathon and a household without losing your mind" -- don't you love it? I admire her writing, photography, her running stories, and especially her style. Check out her blog - it's really inspiring.

And I highly recommend running with bells on your shoes. It's so much cheerier.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Thanks for the shout out! I love your hat. I'm a big fan of wearing things on my head in races.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the outfits, way to get out there and run. Great that you are already planning next years run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an inspiration. And you're one hot elf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Going out to buy bells now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Emily!!! Loving the outfit!!

    http://cupcakeearthquake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete