Thursday, September 15, 2011

I'm running again.

Weekly. TWICE weekly, in fact. Please recall that my prior relationship with running has been wrought with peril.

My workout buddy and I enrolled (with minimum coercion from me) in a running class!!!

From the informational brochure:
For women wishing to begin a consistent running program
This program provides:
• Twice weekly group workouts in a fun, non-intimidating environment.
• Personal goal development.
• Interval training.
• One on one attention.
• Advice on running technique and mechanics.
• Instruction in injury prevention, stretching and strength exercises.
• Overall enjoyment of running.

GAH! I'm so excited. My legs are sore today (two sessions under my belt) but it's the good I-just-accomplished-something-worthwhile sore.

My lifelong goal of being an REI model is about to come true!

2 comments:

  1. Um... my how your feet have grown... and what big calves you have.

    So proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed you at running clinic yesterday Emily! Carol mentioned you had a blog, so I searched, and VOILA! there you were! Great blog. And I hope you keep running!

    ReplyDelete