Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Vacation Project #2: Embroidery

See what I'm working on?

© 2011 Alicia Paulson
Used with permission

The pattern and kit (and photo) came from the amazing Alicia Paulson, who I adore. Her photos, writing, and crafts are all breathtaking. She lives in Portland. Maybe someday I'll get to meet her.

My sampler is half-way done; I've completed L - Z.





I've never done embroidery before (only counted cross stitch as a teenager). It's fun! I'm really pleased with it. Kudos to Ms. Paulson for making the instructions so easy to follow.

Check out my awesome pin cushion ring, purchased here
My fingers are all jammed up and sore, though. The combination of cutting fruits and vegetables for my juicer (new sharp knife = lots of bandaids) and working with needle and thread every night make for some tender finger tips. Lots of cuts and pokes. But I'm excited to share the finished product with you.

Please visit Posie Gets Cozy. In my opinion, it's a serious contender for Most Beautiful Site on the Internet.

3 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh. Thank you so much. And if that's what your first time (since cross-stitch) doing embroidery looks like??? Girl! You are a wunderkind! It's perfect. I am so pleased you are enjoying it. Makes my day! xoxo, alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your craftiness never ceases to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you take after your script lovin', font lovin', former sign paintin' dad. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete