Friday, May 27, 2011

Accidental hiatus

What? How did May slip past me? I haven't posted in four weeks. Sheesh!

Instead, I...

Had a mini vacation with Hubbins to celebrate our fourth anniversary. It was really restful to stay home this year, work on projects, spend time with friends, and hang out at our favorite pub.

Spent time with Mom while Dad was out of town. She really shouldn't be on her own anymore, so while Dad got a much needed break, my sister and I pitched in with Mom's daily routine. I was dreading it and expecting the worst, but I really enjoyed helping Mom get ready for bed each night, tucking her in, and saying a bedtime prayer. "Role reversal" just doesn't cover it. It was a really special time, which I'll say more about another time.

Sewed. A lot. My craft room is bursting at the seams with pillows and fabric and stray thread. Love it.

Started a new job (same employer, different position: back office instead of customer service). Big adjustment, but so far I'm happy with the change.

Celebrated Mother's Day with my sis, Mom, and Grandma (who turned 91 this year). This deserves a post of it's own, too.

Read. Book-per-month goal is coming along nicely. I'm excited to share my May book report!

New health goals. More than you ever wanted to know coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering where in the heck you were!!!

    ReplyDelete