Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tid bits: Garden, Love & War, Oso's Bowtie

Last night I puttered in my garden for the first time this year. I pulled dandelions and a few other scruffy weeds. The earth was soft and the roots came up easily. I pulled dead leaves out of the nooks and crannies, and trimmed dead branches. There's nothing quite like the sight of green shoots that survived the winter (including a freak snow storm in April) who have made their way up to daylight again. I'm back to cheerleading as we pull out of the driveway for work in the morning: "Grow my little plants! You can do it!"

*****************************

Hubbins and I are eight chapters in and still enjoying Love and War. We read aloud together last night. Communication these days feels less like a claustrophobic closet and more like a meadow on a hilltop, where you can't even see the edges, just the beautiful place you're standing. I'm happy.

*****************************


I sewed this bowtie for my nephew on Saturday. He wasn't in the mood to model it for us, so his buddy the miniature pomeranian decided to try it out. No photos yet...just picture something along these lines:


3 comments:

  1. Yay! Reading that you're happy makes me happy.

    I still want to start a garden in the front yard. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back. And I herby vow to never ever put up a post that contains the word "hubbins."

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the...

    See, this thing where you make me wait for my comment to be approved makes it impossible for me to just fix my silly typo.

    Now everyone who views that comment will think that I believe herby to be an actual word.

    ReplyDelete