Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Colors I Have Loved: Emily and the Technicolor Afghan

What do these photos have in common?

My crib, before Mom and Dad brought me home from the hospital.
(Is it just the lighting that makes it look so sterile?)

Me in our wooden rocking chair with giraffe.

In our wing back chair with a straight-haired kid and a baby I don't remember.

Easter 1986 in matching dresses made by Mom

Age 7 with newborn sister
See the rainbow afghan in every picture? I didn't realize my parents had it as long as they did until I started flipping through my photo album this morning. I loved that blanket.

Which is why the gift I received over the weekend means so much to me.   


My Mom-in-law crocheted an afghan for me, inspired by the one I discovered on this blog.

As soon as I saw the finished blanket, I remembered the rainbow-afghan. And now I have my very own.

Wrapped in my newest heirloom

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment! Yes, prom pictures are uh-mazing!
    This is such a sweet little post! LOVE the rainbow crochet blanket (both old & new!!)

    ReplyDelete