Sunday, March 13, 2011

Projects: Denyse Schmidt Hope, Granny Square Crochet, Duvet Cover for Nephew

What a productive weekend.


I made two pillow covers, using this fabulous (free) pattern from Denyse Schmidt. I LOVE this woman's style and color choice and modern take on quilting. No dusty rose calico or lacy crap here.



I finally finished my granny square afghan (remind me not to start one of these again.....months and months worth of crocheted squares were a pain). Feels good to have it done. Only thing left to do is have it blocked so it lays flat. I just made up all the seams as I went, but it passes the cozy-enough-to-fall-asleep-with-on-the-couch test, so I'm happy.


I panicked a couple of weeks ago, when I started putting the squares together. I was afraid it was going to be teensy and not even cover my legs. It ended up being about 5 ft by 4 ft. Perfect. It's heavy. I hope I can keep the cats off it so I don't have to wash it anytime soon. It's all cotton, and I don't want it to end up looking like a giant wash cloth.


I made my nephew a mini duvet cover (44" x 49") without a pattern. Pretty pleased with how it turned out!


Sorry about the pastels, kiddo. I ran out of blue and green. When you're older I'll make you something more masculine.



Ivan approves.


Wonder of wonders, I figured out button holes! I had to download the owners manual to my hand-me-down sewing machine, but I found what I needed, and voila.


Other images from a fantastic weekend:

Our couch doubles as a kitty bunk bed

Spring, is that you?

2 comments:

  1. Achievement...it's in our blood. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so crafty you make me sick. Maybe one day I'll learn to sew...

    ReplyDelete