Monday, November 22, 2010

Time for a happy post

Things that made me smile this weekend:

1. SNOW! Despite treacherous, ice-covered roads this morning and a few close calls in our slick driveway, it's beautiful around here. My pillow-covered couch seemed even more cozy with the wind blowing outside and fireplace blazing inside. No complaints from the kitties.

Web cam shot from this morning makes me think of the awesome sets in the new Sherlock Holmes movie...except for the donuts spun in that center parking lot.


Text from my brother, after standing in my parents driveway Friday night.
2. Mom-in-law came over Saturday and cooked dinner for me and Hubbins, his sister and brother-in-law. We had so much fun visiting, reading aloud, crafting, and eating.

3. Christmas gift projects. I'm making felt ornaments by the handful! Stay tuned for a giveaway and Etsy shop update.

Fa la la la Felt: 45 Handmade Holiday Decorations


4. Luau-themed Holiday party for work. My Hawaiian outfit included coat, scarf, boots, gloves, and then the lei. Good times.




5. Coffee with Egg Nog. Yum

6. New episodes of Modern Family (downloaded to the laptop and watched all snuggled up on the couch). We just discovered this show, and LOVE it. I hurt myself I laughed so hard.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! The outline of my feet are famous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post just makes me happy. :)
    That "hawaiian" skirt looks awfully familiar!
    I've only seen one episode of Modern Family, but I laughed hard. Have you seen the one about the parents anniversary date?

    ReplyDelete