Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Crushed - Lavender Bites the Dust

This morning I made a shocking discovery. I left the house at 6:40 for a walk, and saw that someone had driven through my garden. At least one small section of it. But it was an important section. They ran over one of my lavender plants. I'll just let that sink in for a minute.


I love my sweet scraggly garden, and it made me mad to know someone had parked on the sidewalk and carelessly pulled away from curb through my little patch of dirt. I realize these photos don't convey the lovely color and lush greenery outside my front door (I'll fix that with photos in a future post), but let me recreate the scene of the crime for you:


Tragic, right? I was angry my whole walk. I think the poor little lavender plant is going to make it, but still. The NERVE!

Sheesh, I need some mulch or beauty bark or something. That soil looks horrible.

Maybe I could construct a little rock wall. It would help hold in the top soil (the garden is on the slope of our driveway, and it's hard to keep the water from flowing over the top instead of seeping in to the ground). Plus, it would protect my plants from marauders.



I'll keep brainstorming.

3 comments:

  1. I literally gasped when I read that the victim was the lavender plant. Oh, the inhumanity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so funny. nab that crook and book 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...I feel your pain! We actually have a wall. Get this...someone stole part of it. In a total of 3 trips, someone took off with 19 of the stones that make up our wall! Insanity!!! We left it like that for a year...not wanting to feed into the thief's garden stone habit. The wall is complete again. Hopefully the thief moved to a new town. Although an electric fence does sound enticing at times...

    ReplyDelete