Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Friday Harbor

Source

Next time you're in the northwest corner of WA state, I highly recommend that you visit the San Juan Islands, and Friday Harbor in particular. Husband and I have made this our anniversary destination for the last three years, and it's great having a tradition (makes me feel like a real grown-up, having traditions and all). Check out the pictures on the Visitor's Bureau website. Beautiful!
The islands have sentimental appeal to both of us. We both grew up visiting San Juan county on family trips. J's extended family owns property on one of the islands where they spend a lot of time. My Grandfather worked on the Washington State Ferries from 1960 until he retired. He was a photographer and took tons of pictures of the islands and the ferries. My Dad remembers going with him to the Seattle harbor, and fishing for bullheads off the pier while Grandpa worked.
Here are a few of my favorite places to visit:

Source

2 comments:

  1. Some days I am so jealous that you live in such a beautiful part of the country. I wish I had a place like that to escape to that was close... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful photo! I never comment but WOW! outstanding :)

    ReplyDelete