Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Project of the day: Valentines Hearts

Planning to make a bunch of these hearts to hang in the dining room window this evening. My brother and I used to make these "stained glass" shapes as kids (a great way to thin the crayon collection). Martha Stewart has a way of making even the simplest ideas seem sophisticated (or just plain complicated) but I'm looking forward to reliving this craft project. Since I don't have the same crayon surplus I did at age 10, I got to buy a brand new box of 64 Crayolas last night. Pictures coming soon.

3 comments:

  1. oooooooo! genius!

    i was just thinking about decorating for vday! and i bet sethmonster would LOVE helping me shave the crayons. :) i am seeing this project in my near future as well!! thanks!

    have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make those, too, but I never produced anything as pretty as what Martha puts together. Can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so darn crafty some days you make me want to puke. Good thing I love you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete