- Water is easier to drink if it tastes like something. I freeze lemon and lime wedges and put one in my Nalgene bottle at the beginning of the work day. Chilly, flavored water is much easier to drink. The only drawback: a woman in my office today asked, "What's that green fuzzy thing in your water?" Ew.
- Splenda + fat free half and half in my coffee is delicious and low on calories. It took me months to even purchase fat free half and half. What's the point? What two halves am I drinking now? Oh well. I'm over the obsession with cream. I don't think I'll ever be able to drink black coffee. It seems too medicinal (and tastes disgusting).
- A little yogurt and granola goes a long way. Seriously: 1/3 cup of each is actually filling.
- The torrid love affair with peanut butter must end. I'm still grieving the end of this relationship. One measly tablespoon hardly seems worth it, but it's better than nothing on my sandwich bread.
- Today, for the first time in YEARS, I bought a bag of baby carrots (ask me sometime about a two-year overdose on baby carrots). I like the crunchiness, but why are they slimy? Sick. It's more than I can handle.
- The biggest temptation for me at work is the vending machine. Solution: no change in my desk drawer.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Tricks I play on myself
Here's how I've been keeping myself on the right track since deciding to eat healthier: