Sunday, May 3, 2009

Springtime update

I planted Sweet Pea seeds a couple months ago and the little sprouts are doing well. They loved the rainstorm last night. I'm hoping they'll spill over the edges of this hanging basket once they're ready to bloom. Won't that smell great?



This is a cheap-o rose bush I bought at Fred Meyer. Having it in a planter on our little porch is an experiment, and so far the deer haven't found it. I'm impressed it's doing this well. LOTS of new growth.

Primroses, impatiens, and ivy I'm training on a topiary. The birds' nest was exposed in the trees last fall, once all the leaves came down.
And this was my yesterday-project. One of my favorite bloggers posted this pattern for a market bag and invited her readers to post their creations on flickr. Now that I've made one, I want to burn through my fabric stash and make some more!

2 comments:

  1. Groovy bag and pretty plants :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Em, your creativity makes me long to be more creative!!! I want to make cute bags and plant fun plants. I just can't seem to find the time.

    And I'm so impressed by your continued commitment to running. You are awesome. I look up to you.

    I miss you so much and wish we lived in not such opposite sides of the country. At least your blog makes you seem a little bit closer to me.

    ReplyDelete