Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lives changed by books

As promised, here are the "life changing" book titles (from my May 13th post). Follow the links for the sources (found via random Google search).

"It should be required reading for anyone who is ever going to tell a story, whether that story is to be written or spoken. No book had a more profound influence on my personal style."
On Writing by Stephen King

"I'm amazed how many young people haven't read this book. Truly life-changing. This is the classic of my generation; it is the book that defines our age and ultimately, how to find meaning in it."
Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

"Reading this all the way through, beginning to end, shattered all expectations I had of such a foundational text. It was weirder, stranger, more disturbing and more powerful than I was lead to believe. I've read through several times more and it never fails to disturb me."
The Bible

"Fahrenheit 451 was the first book I ever read that left me thinking about my own value structure after I closed the cover."

"Reading the book, I felt as if my mind was rocked by explosions. At times the ideas were too much that I literally had to lie down."
Understanding Power by Noam Chomsky

"Reading “The 4 Hour Workweek” is like having Tim Ferriss grab you by the hair, shake you, and say WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?! YOU NEED TO USE THESE TIPS TO BE MORE EFFICIENT!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment