Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My first craft fair!

November 15, 2008: Sister-in-law and I had a table of our home-made crafts at the Lynden High School Art Department's craft fair. It was a long day without sky-rocket sales, but it was a good experience to learn the best way to price, display, and sell our handiwork. Plus, it motivated us to make a whole bunch of items (that we can now give as Christmas gifts!).

Our number one seller was Erin's magnets. There are a lot of stylish Fridge doors in Whatcom County this week!








Aromatherapy Wrist Rests


Felt snowmen

Miniature billfolds, made from vintage quilt squares

Lavender eye pillows with removable (washable) slip cover and carrying case.

Coin purses

Larger clutches

3 comments:

  1. I want one of those wrist wraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the link to my etsy shop...you can be my inaugural customer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Emily, how cool! I love your little coin purse that had the green bottom and the polka dot trim. Good job! I love entrepreneurship -- it gets me all creative thinking and energized. I also like your Emelina tags. Fun!:) As you get going if you ever need any business cards or brochures, or really any number of items, let me know. With Dane's and my promotional products and garment business we could help you out and save you a lot of money in the process. (You should do some shoulder bags like to one you did for Olivia -- Oh, and that cute purse I remember seeing, the one hanging from the lamp that had the big button on the front, I think??)

    ReplyDelete